Friday, February 4, 2011

Sick days are more work than work days.

So both of my daughters have fevers and one of them is teething.  I think this is the challenge that mothers deal with on a regular basis that they do not get enough appreciation for.  I read a book a while ago loaned to me by daddled, in it was a story about how a woman in a check out line at the grocery store said to the author, "You are such a good daddy."  He asked how she knew and she said, "I can just tell."  She saw him buying a few items at the store with a baby on his hip and that was it.  When was the last time a woman was told, "You are such a good mommy," just because she was carrying a baby and shopping at the same time.  Today I gained a better understanding of what it is like taking care of two children under six with fevers and colds.  The tears, the snot, the whining, the refusal to sleep although they require to be on your lap or will throw themselves on the floor.  I wonder if they might fall asleep if I leave them on the floor long enough.  So this blog is dedicated to mothers who do not get the recognition they deserve.

2 comments:

  1. Was it still better than a day at school? And as I read this post, I tried to picture going up to a mom at the store and saying, "You are such a good mommy." While it totally needs and deserves to be said, it would be tough for a guy to do it without sounding creepy. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pretty creepy. Now that I think about it a lot of compliments to mothers would sound strange, coming from a stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts