Friday, January 28, 2011

Blood, Gore, and Theatre


So tonight I had a shoot at my place for the poster of the play I am directing.  I picked up one of the actresses and worked on her makeup for about 2 hours.  Things didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, but they are still ok.  What was interesting to me was the relationship that I had with the skin of this woman.  I spent a couple hours painting and manipulating her skin.  I don't know her well and would have thought this would be weird, but skin is a fantastic canvas.  It is pliable, a neutral color, and cleans up fairly well.  Doing this tonight makes we want to do more projects on skin.  It's strange to say but I think I now know what Buffalo Bill was thinking in Silence of the Lambs.  Not the kidnapping women and throwing them in a hole part, but the love of skin as a medium for art.  Skin wonderful skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts