Saturday, January 29, 2011

Man seeking supporting _____________

So I am on the prowl for a supporting actress to play my girlfriend in an upcoming play.  I'm in a very strange position as an actor in this show and the casting director for the theatre.  Serving two masters, anyone?  If this was seven to ten years ago I would have been able to get a number of college students involved.  Now I'm so removed from college, my best contact is an actress in the show I'm directing.  The search will continue...

Speaking of support, today was a very hard day for me.  I've stopped taking the latest medication that my doctor prescribed for depression because I have been spiraling into deeper despair.  I remember the suicidal thought on Prozac and PrestiQ was taking me down the same path.  My wife was so supportive as I was a complete lump for most of the day.  I laid in bed, on the couch, in the tub, and back in bed until about 2:00.  She made no demands on me.  A truly supportive wife.

At rehearsal today, I talked to my cast about my medication and apologized for any irritability they may have noticed.  They did not need to say much.  I am so unworthy of the loving people around me who give me such incredible support.  Without them I would have fallen into a grave a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts